I wanted to touch base with everyone to let you all know what we have been up to!
The European Team Championships, to me, are an extension of our love for our hobby. A chance for us to demonstrate what a great gaming scene we have in Ireland and allow us to make friends with gamers from all over the world. As captain, it’s my privilege to put together a team that represents the best of the Irish gaming scene. Great Gamers, who love a bit of banter(read also beer) while playing for their country. Pretty Cool!
With all this in mind I’ve assembled a panel of people from all over the country to help get the best team going and support this team in any and all ways possible.
So far the Team Ireland Panel has:
- Held a number of small-scale fundraising events at events around the country including range guessing at Conspiracy, Dominicon’s arena of Death and Moocons raffles
- Submitted our own mission pack for consideration for use at the event itself!
- Secured sponsorship for the team from a number of quarters to make sure that our teams are supported as much as possible in going to the event in Poland. The IGA in particular must get a call out for their support – Thanks again guys
- In regards to making sure that the Irish team all look the part we held an open design competition to help Team Ireland “look the part” in Poland with the coolest looking t-shirts around (you’ll be able to vote on the finalists soon so watch this space)
- Identified a supplier for Team Ireland Bags
- We will also be looking for Dice designs pretty soon
- Accommodation for the team is sorted in both Poland and UK
- Analysis, List design and rules querying really kick off in a big way in the new year.
All of this wouldn’t have been possible without the time and effort of the panel and there’s still a whole lot more to be done.
If you want to offer help sign up here – http://www.w-ired.org/forum/
Also, if you see me or anyone else involved with the panel at events, make yourself known! Part of my goal as captain is to ensure we utilize the talents of everyone in our community to make sure that YOUR team is the best it can be.
This is a small gaming community so we are really going to need an army of list play testers in the coming weeks once the rulespacks are decided upon.
Keep an eye out for some team tournaments in the new year too! Rumours of events in each of Dublin/Cork and maybe even Galway abound so stay tuned… team events add a whole extra level of fun. Nothing like being able to pat a team mate on the back for saving your bacon ‘cos ”that dice just kept rolling 1’s”
Lastly to let you know what’s coming up in the new year.
- ·Expect to hear from me a little more often as we get into crunch time!
- We have the final few rounds of qualifying so if you want a space on the team make the best case possible!
- Team announcements will be made in early April
- The inaugural border shield will be on the 7th April as we host Team Northern Ireland
- The 6 Nations (now including Belgium) will be held at the end of April
Anyway folks you’ll be hearing from me from time to time about what we have planned, how its all progressing and how you can help us. Until then take care and heres to rolling the dice for team Ireland in 2012!!!
Captain, Team Ireland 40k